Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a set of techniques developed to improve the ranking of a website in search engines. SEO is something that every website owner has to take into account in order to succeed: up to 53% of all trackable website traffic comes from search engines.
If you do a lot of SEO scraping, you have to make a lot of similar frequent queries and actions. However, this can quickly result in blocking due to the search engine noticing the suspicious activities. That’s why high-quality proxies are essential for SEO.
SEO proxies are online servers that allow you to conduct your research without revealing your real IP address or location. The proxy server acts as a bridge between search engines and your device, protecting you from Google’s ever-growing suspicion.
When should I use SEO proxies?
You should definitely consider using proxies when performing the following SEO activities:
- SEO data scraping
- Keywords research
- Link building optimization
- Tracking your SERPs rankings
- Keeping an eye on competitors’ actions
All these actions are more safely done with the help of well-built proxy servers.
Another issue you may stumble across when doing SEO research is personalization of your search results. Since Google remembers which queries were made from your IP, even disabling cookies won’t prevent your research from being biased. Proxy servers also solve that problem: the IP address no longer belongs to you, and with enough IPs you can see the big picture of how the search engine treats your website.
Which proxies are best for SEO?
It’s true that there are different types of proxy networks, and you need to be careful when selecting the one that’s right for your situation. Datacenter IPs, for example, will not be your best option, since they can be detected by the search engine easily.
Residential proxies, instead, are much more suitable for SEO monitoring. These proxies come from real IP addresses that are used by everyday people, all your actions will appear as the actions of genuine website users surfing the web and googling different things from their personal devices, so they are less likely to be detected and banned by search engines.
There are also two different types of residential proxies:
- Static residential proxies that allow you to keep the IP for a long period of time.
- Rotating residential proxies – a dynamic P2P network that utilizes real end-user devices from around the world and changes the IP address after every request.
Rotating residential proxies are your best choice when doing SEO scraping.
How to choose a proxy network for SEO monitoring?
If your work involves:
- Targeting keywords in different countries
- Tracking your SERPs rankings internationally
Then you need to ensure that the proxy provider you choose includes the locations you wish to target. In that case, you will be able to easily swap between countries and regions.
Here are some of the main things to look at when choosing proxy network provider for SEO:
- Check if there are rotating residential proxies available;
- Make sure it includes the target countries that are relevant for you;
- See if the network provides customized solutions for SEO research;
- For a higher success rate, it is better to have a dedicated pool of SEO proxies.
And, of course, you want the performance parameters of the SEO proxies to meet all your needs in terms of:
- Availability of services (uptime)
- Information security
At NetNut, we maintain the highest standards of proxy services. We offer packages of all sizes and charge by bandwidth or request amounts, so we are perfect for all types of companies including small and medium businesses.
When you purchase a proxy from NetNut, you will receive:
- Access to a unique system of residential rotating proxies which are best suited for SEO
- Fast speeds & excellent performance
- Customized solutions for SEO research and monitoring
- US proxies, European proxies and other locations
- Dedicated SEO proxy pool
- Unlimited concurrent requests
- Affordable pricing
NetNut provides one of the most reliable SEO proxy services on the market. A part of our reputation stems from our active support center, which operates 24 hours a day and is always ready to answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to learn more about our SEO proxy service.
Still haven’t joined the fastest residential proxy network?